Meetings and Mentoring
We believe that artists are at the heart of what we do and therefore, all our programmes and projects are either developed in consultation with them or derived from their feedback.
We hold regular meetings (or artist social, as we like to call them) that are planned keeping in mind the needs of the artists practicing South Asian dance in the UK. We include short sessions where we invite artists to share their insights on a latest project or an expert to talk about certain topics. Rest of the evening is a casual meet up powered by some Indian snacks and a glass of bubbly. This is a great opportunity to:
- Meet other artists to share and collaborate with.
- find out about new projects and opportunities at Akademi.
- get a platform to share best practices and challenges faced within their work
We also offer 1-to-1 meetings to introduce the support and advice we can provide. Appointment can be arranged with our team throughout the year or during our annual artist surgery, dates for which are announced on our website and social channels. Through these 1‑to‑1 surgeries, artists can:
- discuss any ideas or concepts with our Artistic Director, Suba.
- Seek general advice or expert opinion from our team in any particular area – it could be advice on developing a community project or making a funding application or marketing a show. We are here to help in whatever way we can.
- discuss collaboration opportunities with Akademi.