Akademi aims to embed accessibility across our all aspects of our work including our projects, events and website.
We want to make sure our work is accessible and usable for everyone, regardless of age or disability.
Akademi aims to provide an accessible website. Our website is designed with a good level of contrast and font sizes so that it is usable for visitors with a range of sight abilities. We have developed the website to be accessible with common assistive technologies and different ways of using websites. This means that you can:
- change colours and contrast levels
- zoom in without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
- navigate a page using headings throughout our written content
- navigate our websites with assistive technology via embedded landmarks and ARIA functionality
We have also tried to make the website content as easy as possible to understand.
Our website endeavours to conform to the AA success criteria for accessibility as defined the Web Consortium WCAG 2.1 guidelines. It has been tested using the following tools:
- SortSite – an industry standard accessibility testing tool
- NVDA – the most commonly used screen reader in the UK
While we aim ensure the accessibility of our website, there are some known limitations. If you experience any problems viewing our website we are keen to hear from you and every effort will be made to correct a problem. The known limitations are documented below, we will endeavour to review and improve these over time.
- Embedded video and audio players can sometimes be difficult to use with assistive technology.
- PDFs and documents are not always accessible.
- We aim to provide alternative text for recent and new image content, but this may not be implemented on older content.
- We aim to provide captions and/or transcripts with all our videos but that might not be available for older videos, or videos provided by other organisations.
- We have tried to minimize the impact, but some elements have inherited minor code and access limitations.
- In some places link focus outlines could be improved to make it easier to navigate via keyboard input.
If you have any feedback or need any further assistance with accessing our website, please contact email@example.com.