Announcing the 2017 Choreography Commissions
Akademi’s Choreography Commissions support artists to develop their choreographic practice. They provide exciting opportunities to showcase new work, as well as offering financial support and the very highest level of advice and mentoring.
Akademi are proud to announce the Choreography Commissions 2017
- Seeta Patel was awarded £5,000 to present a group choreography.
- Manuela Benini, Parbati Chaudhury, Raheem Mir and Shivaangee Agrawal were awarded £2,000 to present a solo choreography.
The selected artists also received:
- A fund of £750 to be allocated to an artist-nominated mentor.
- A platform to present the work at Alchemy Festival at Southbank Centre.
- Three one-to-one sessions with a member of Akademi’s artist support & development team and project partners where appropriate.
- Marketing and communications support.
- Opportunities to network with promoters, stakeholders, opinion formers and policy makers.
Akademi Choreography Commissions were supported by the Esmée Fairbairn Foundation.